From: gl...@skynav.com
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:40:05 -0600
Subject: Re: Fontbox optional dependency
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Robert Meyer <rme...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Hi All,

Quick question related to this fontbox optional dependency being added for OTF
CFF. I am guessing that to allow this to work, FOP will require the fontbox jar
to be compiled, but optional when run? If the user does not have fontbox when
running, an error is shown if a reference is made to a CFF font. This is just
to confirm that I don't need to make the OTF CFF code external to FOP as a
separate jar plugin so that FOP can be compiled without it.

When you say "require the fontbox jar to be compiled", do you mean just
reference an existing, released version of fontbox's JAR artifact? Or are you
referring to a forked version with FOP mods?

Thanks,

Robert Meyer