What do others think?

Thanks,

Chris

On 29/05/2013 16:55, Robert Meyer wrote:
Sorry I worded that incorrectly. The changes I'm making to fontbox will be applied to their project, though this is dependant on their committers. I have already had one patch applied, so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem with the other which I plan to put forward soon. As such, we will just be referencing an existing compiled version of their project.

From: gl...@skynav.com
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:40:05 -0600
Subject: Re: Fontbox optional dependency
To: fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Robert Meyer <rme...@hotmail.co.uk <mailto:rme...@hotmail.co.uk>> wrote:

    Hi All,

    Quick question related to this fontbox optional dependency being
    added for OTF CFF. I am guessing that to allow this to work, FOP
    will require the fontbox jar to be compiled, but optional when
    run? If the user does not have fontbox when running, an error is
    shown if a reference is made to a CFF font. This is just to
    confirm that I don't need to make the OTF CFF code external to FOP
    as a separate jar plugin so that FOP can be compiled without it.

When you say "require the fontbox jar to be compiled", do you mean just reference an existing, released version of fontbox's JAR artifact? Or are you referring to a forked version with FOP mods?

    Thanks,

    Robert Meyer