Hi,

We're trying to produce some thai output with FOP but FOP doesn't seem to be adjusting the diacritics. In the following sample, there are two characters separated by a space, the first character has one diacritic, the second character has two diacritics. I'm not sure if it gets through the mail. Anyway, the diacritics of the first character should be moved down to the same level as the first diacritics of the second character I'm using ArialUnicodeMS font but I also tried with TH Sarabun and Tahoma. I tried several combinations of language and script but none worked, so I left it with no settings in the sample. I'm using FOP 1.1. One interesting thing I noticed, some "above the character" diacritics can be stacked above other diacritics or not, whereas others can only occur as first one (bottom one) of the stack. That's my understanding, I'm not a thai speaker. In some fonts, the diacritics that can be in several "above" positions come in the font in the high position. So if they occur alone, they need to be adjusted down. That's the case in ArialUnicode. In other fonts like Tahoma, all the diacritics come in the font at the same "height", the low position, so when stacking, one of the diacritics need to be move up.

Any idea if this can be made to work with current FOP.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
<fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:simple-page-master master-name="A4">
<fo:region-body />
</fo:simple-page-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="A4">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<fo:block font-size="32pt" font-family="ArialUnicode" margin-top="1cm">
ท้ นื้
</fo:block>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>