A new example that involves a list that starts after a float starts (and
before it ends).

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Luis Bernardo <lmpmberna...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> FYI, I have created a new branch where I placed a new approach to side
> floats. The idea behind the approach is that if we can handle a change in
> IPD from one page to the next we can also do the same in the middle of a
> page (where a float causes the change in IPD). This also means that the
> implementation suffers, right now, from the same limitations that the
> handling of an IPD change across pages has.
>
> So, in summary:
>
> Left and right floats are supported in the most simple cases, including in
> multi-column layouts. Below are listed the known limitations:
>
> -- the "clear" fo:float attribute is ignored; only the float attribute
> (left or right) is used
> -- overlapping of floats in the Y is not handled (even in the case there
> would not be overlap in the X direction)
> -- floats that extend beyond the body region are not properly handled and
> will overflow past the edge of the region
> -- floats next to a table or a list are not supported unless the start and
> end of the table or list happen in between the start and end of the float
> -- a list can extend past the end of a float but only in situations where
> the list item at the end of the (bottom of the) float does not need to be
> wrapped; but wrapping before or after the bottom edge of the float is
> supported
>
> Attached is an example and the output (a similar two column example is in
> the layout tests).
>
> Comments, suggestion and bugs are welcome. I would like to commit this to
> trunk in a few weeks but meanwhile I will investigate alternative
> approaches to some of the current limitations.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
  <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master margin="0.25in" master-name="page" page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in">
      <fo:region-body />
    </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>
  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="page">
    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
      <fo:block>
Did you know... (taken from Wikipedia main page on November 6th, 2014, with the order slightly changed to better show the wrapping around the float)
      </fo:block>
      <fo:block>