I think that maven will be embraced as soon as there is a volunteer to do the transition.

On 4/22/15 6:13 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com <mailto:bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

    I agree, but as Simon pointed out PDFBox is not a dependency of
    FOP, but of PDF plug-in, which is a separate project with a
    separate release cycle. The PDF plug-in project is an optional
    dependency of FOP, not required for core functionality.

    So the proposal is just to release the FOP project, not PDF
    plug-in. This means anyone wishing to use PDF-plugin with the new
    release of FOP would need to build it from source code using a
    PDFBox snaphot. Not ideal, but we are long overdue a FOP release,
    and only a small number of users are using the PDF plug-in. So I'm
    +1 to this proposal.

ok; that works for me... on another point, when can we transition to maven? our ant configurations are difficult to maintain and understand; we should modernize

    Thanks,

    Chris