> On 27 May 2015, at 01:59, Luis Bernardo <lmpmberna...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Luis

> In my view any code that does more becomes more complex, not less
> comprehensible. The same happens with FOP.

Very true, indeed. I recall having argued that same point on this list in the
past.
"Doing more with less" is, IMO, executive lingo that is almost always meant to
hide some uglier truths... ;)

It is more a matter of making sure that new code that gets added will follow
the "right" path, if you will (whatever that may mean). No criticism there.
After all, I *was* part of the team for years, so know full well to what extent
time and resource constraints have influenced some of those decisions.

> If you want to rewrite the layout engine and do it with less code then go for
> it. You will get a +1 from me.

OK, good to know.

Just to be clear: it is not so much a 'rewrite' as it is optimising or
streamlining what is already there, and it remains to be seen whether it will
literally lead to 'less' code, since it would require introduction of a few new
interfaces/classes. Overall, I would expect the total LOC to go up, slightly,
but I have not yet finished so cannot say anything for sure there at this point.

Thanks!

KR