Hello Shashwat,

I think the problem that you are facing is that ApacheFOP do not support
Surrogate Pairs: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-1969

I'm currently working for a fix to this problem, I already have a working
solution and I'm planning to send a pull request by the end of next week.

Stay tuned :)

Simone Rondelli

2016-09-16 17:55 GMT+02:00 Shashwat Mehta <shashwat.me...@navyuginfo.com>:

> Hello Team,
> My name is Shashwat Mehta and I am Java developer.
> We are working on project which uses XSL-FO reports for PDF reports from
> Document objects. Now, we are trying to give support unicode characters in
> rports. Here, we found some issues. We are using Document objects to parse
> stream to Transformer. Till transformer data is fine and encoded in UTF-8
> format. But when we transform from xsl file it generates error that font is
> not supported. After some research we found that "Arial Unicode MS" font
> supports till Unicode 4.0 code points and the same fonts we were set in
> fop-configuration xml. Then we find another fonts "Symbola" which supports
> latest Unicode 9.0. But issue is even we set it in configuration as well as
> xsl file the font-family, it gives another error for "Mismatch:
> page-sequence (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. root (
> http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)".
> Soon, we recognise this issue comes when there are lot of exception
> occured and main exception swallowed by another one.
> Now the actual question is whole story goes fine when we use only english
> characters or characters till Unicode 4.0 supported. Issue occured only
> when we use characters above Unicode 4.0, though Symbola supports Unicode
> 9.0. Also helps me to understand how to solve "Mismatch : page-sequence"
> exception.
> Thanks & Regards
> Shashwat Mehta

Simone Rondelli

Reply via email to