Trevor Jenkins wrote:

> I'm using fop 0.20.2 with the (1.47 experimental) DocBook XSL stylesheets.
> Although fop reports "Parsing of document complete" when I use this setup
> with my document I receive errors saying:
>
> [ERROR]: property 'master-reference' ignored
>
> and then after "Parsing of document complete":
>
> [ERROR]: 'master-name' for 'fo:page-sequence'matches no
> 'simple-page-master' or 'page-sequence-master'

I think these error messages aren't that bad, they give you atleast a hint ;-)

> This last is followed by java exception information. There's then no pdf
> file produced. I can't decide where the error originates. Is it a fault in
> the stylesheet, my understanding, fop itself, or all these and more? Sadly

The problem seems to be that the 1.47 experimental DocBook XSL stylesheets are
using the XSL-FO Recommendation syntax and  Fop-0.20.2RC (which you are using,
I guess) supports Candidate Recommendation syntax.

So possible solutions are:

1) Use latest FOP from CVS ('fop-0_20_2-maintain' branch)
2) Wait for FOP 0.20.2 final (which should be ready some days after X-Mas)
3) use older DocBook XSL stylesheets

> Regards, Trevor

Christian