Hi Ian,
I do have only a two-cell table, with the first cell to carry the heading
with the leader dots and the second cell with the page number. My code is as
follows. But still i'm not getting the leader dots as required
<fo:table space-before.optimum="18pt">
<fo:table-column column-width="6.5in" />
<fo:table-column column-width="0.4in"/>
<fo:table-body font-family="sans-serif">
<fo:table-row font-weight="normal" font-size="9pt" line-height="12pt"
                 space-before.optimum="3pt" space-after.optimum="3pt">
     <fo:table-cell>
       <fo:block text-align="start"
                 start-indent="{1.3+count(ancestor-or-self::chapter)*0.2}in"
                 keep-together.within-line="always">
             <fo:basic-link internal-destination="{generate-id(.)}" >
              <!-- Will call someother template to generate the
page-numbers -->
             </fo:basic-link>
             <fo:leader text-align="justify"
                   leader-pattern="dots"
                   leader-pattern-width="5pt"
                   leader-alignment="reference-area"
                   leader-length.maximum="10cm"/>
       </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

I get an output as follows

             Chapter1----------------                             2
                 Section1-----------                                  3
                 Section2-----------                                  4

I'm still not able to solve this problem.
Please reply with an appropriate solution

Regds,
MEena