Has anyone got FOP working with Hewlett Packard's application server?

I am rendering a PDF from an XML DOM Document using an XSL-FO stylesheet.
I have experienced 2 problems so far.

1) I have this working with Tomcat and the XML Document object needs to have
it's normaize() method called before the XSLT transformation will work
otherwise I get Null Pointer Exceptions during the XSLT phase.  With the HP
server the normalize() method runs but doesn't give any errors or exceptions
but I still get the Null Pointer Exception during the transformation.  I
know this is where the problem lies because if you write the XML document to
a file and read it back in it work fine.

2) Under HP server, I can't seem to render any GIF files (admittedly I
haven't tried any other format as yet).  I get a XObject: Null Pointer
Exception on each filename.

I haven't seen any mention of Hewlett Packard's Application Server here but
I would like to get it working as it's a great deal faster than Tomcat and
it is a J2EE server and best of all..... It's FREE !

TIA
--
Dinesh Patel
Britannic Assurance

************
This email and any accompanying documents are intended only for the named
recipient, are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify us immediately by mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] and you must
not copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. Unauthorised use is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. The content of this email represents the view
of the individual and not the company. The company reserves the right to
monitor the content of all emails in accordance with lawful business practice.

Whilst attachments are virus checked before transmission, Britannic Assurance
plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.

Britannic Assurance plc, No.3002 is registered in England and maintains its
registered office at 1 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham B47 6WG.
Telephone: 0870 887 0001
Fax: 0870 887 0002
Website: www.britannicassurance.com

Britannic Assurance plc, Britannic Unit Linked Assurance Limited, Britannic ISA
Managers Limited and Britannic Unit Trust Managers Limited are regulated by the
Financial Services Authority. Each of these companies is a member of the
Britannic marketing group which only advises on and sells its own life
assurance, pension, unit trust and ISA products.