alright, i'm new to this group, and i'm sure this has already been covered (where can i look at old messages?)

i'm generating a catalog with lots of skus, and i have my magical xsl transformation written, it's configurable, blah blah.  the problem is, when i run it with only 10 items, it works great.  when i put the entire catalog in (~300 units), i run out of memory.  i know that this is the reason for the redesign of FOP, and am curious how that's going and when there might be something that will handle the entire catalog?

my catalog is simple, and has no forward references, so incremental page layout would work perfectly for me.

any ideas or suggested workarounds?

thanks in advance!
-ryan