I have been trying to draw a thin vertical line down the Region-start and Region-end sections of the simple page master in FO. I managed some boxes in these areas in FO which showed up in Antenna house but they would show up. So what I want to know is, can I draw vertical lines? is it possible to use these regions in FOP? and how can I learn how to do that if its possible?

It's a mission to say the least. I managed to make up a border using these regions and fo:block with a line-height (the only way I've found to increase the height of a block). The only major issue was that the fo:block in the start and end regions needed something in them to actually display. I did a workaround using a lowercase 'l' (being the narrowest character I could find...possibly a '.' would be better) and making it the same colour as the background it appears on (which is a very sloppy workaround I'm sure but it works).

FO still has a long way to go before it's a useful design tool.

Anyway, here's my code:

<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
<fo:block background-color="#000000"/>
</fo:static-content>
<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
<fo:block background-color="#000000"/>
</fo:static-content>
<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-start">
<fo:block color="#333333" background-color="#000000" line-height="27.7cm">l</fo:block>
</fo:static-content>
<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-end">
<fo:block color="#ffffff" background-color="#000000" line-height="27.7cm">l</fo:block>
</fo:static-content>

Josh Campbell

ZYPE - Graphical Interface Design Phone: 03 3862094 Mobile: 021 400 472 Web: www.zype.co.nz