From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 1:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: putting a header in every PDF page

Look at docs/examples/fo/readme.fo for an example. The interesting part
is: <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">, but look at the
page-master, too. I'd look for a good tutorial on XSL:FO.

And next time please don't post attachments that big. Not everybody has
a leased line at home!

On 19.02.2002 21:05:50 Sampige, Srinivas wrote:
> Hi
> *      I am getting rows from a database in XML format. I am representing
> each row as a table in the .fo file ; so when FOP renders it the PDF file
> eventually turns them out over multiple pages(I guess Acrobat Reader is
> intelligent enough to put it accross multiple pages). But  what I want is
> that the header information be displayed on all the subsequent pages
> automatically.
>                 What happens presently is that the "header" tag  in the
> incoming XML is represented by a fo:table having "yellow" background;
which
> displays the column titles. This table appears only in the first page.How
do
> I make this header table appear in all pages? I don't want to control how
> many rows appear in one page by putting that information in the XML say by
> having <page>.. </page> to signify a page.
>
> Attached - "jeffReport.xml",",jeffReport.xsl" & "jeff.fo". This is how the
> eventual pdf appears (if you notice the yellow header appears only on the
> first page. I want it to appear on all the pages)-

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Postfach 3954 - Rhynauerstr. 15 - 6002 Luzern
Fon +41 (0)41 317 2020 - Fax +41 (0)41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch