Hi,

SVG-rendered text looks very crude using FOP 0.20.3.rc (with Cocoon 2.0.1 on
Tomcat 3.3a/4.0.2, JDK 1.3, SuSE 7.3). I get the same undesired effect using
FOP 0.20.1 stand-alone.

Basically, I am using sth like this,

<svg:text x="365pt" y="45pt"
style="font-size:14;fill:#10559B;stroke:#10559B;stroke-width:0">

I might, in addition, add 'font-family:Helvetica' to the style attribute.

I suspect the problem might be related to the SVG text being rendered as a
set of curves as opposed to straight PDF text.

The funny thing is that this works fine using FOP 0.15.0 with Cocoon 1.8.2 on
Tomcat 3.2.3 (which all were part of the stock SuSE 7.3 distribution, BTW.)
I can't use the older version because it doesn't seem to support
superscripted text, which I need for the inclusion of service marks, e.g.,

<fo:inline font-size="8pt" vertical-align="super">SM</fo:inline>

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the one stumbling block to a
successful deployment. So far, the guys in management have been happy as
clams to replace a commercial, proprietary solution with FOP.

Thanks,
Thorsten