Hi,

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 03:44,  Keiron Liddle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Of course the first place you should look is the documentation:
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/svg.html

[which says, include
<entry>
  <key>strokeSVGText</key>
  <value>false</value>
</entry>
in FOP's user config]

Thanks, I had seen that, but I had missed that I had to implicitely include
the config file when using FOP stand-alone, e.g.,
./fop.sh -c conf/userconfig.xml, so originally I didn't pursue this avenue
further.

Now I get nice looking fonts (and smaller PDF files), but unfortunately, two
problems remain.

1. How do I configure this when using FOP with Cocoon2? After all, FOP just
comes as a JAR file with Cocoon. I did unjar fop-0.20.3rc.jar, added the
'strokeSVG' entry to conf/userconfig.xml and re-jarred it. However, the
change does not take effect. It seems I have to implicitely tell FOP to use
userrconfig.xml. How do I do that when FOP is invoked by Cocoon?

(Is this perhaps more of a question for the cocoon-users list?)

2. In FOP 0.15.0, I was able to use sth like style="stroke-width:1" to change
the "boldness" of a string. However, FOP 0.23.3rc (w/Batik) seems to ignore
stroke-width. What attribute should I use now? "font-weight:bold" doesn't do
what I want; it does render bold text, but also apparently changes the font
from Helvetica to Times Roman. (Adding "font-family:Helvetica" doesn't help.)

Again, any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Thorsten