Have a look at the following page:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html

In the examples section there's a sample on how to set up the LogKit
Logger. One thing you can do is log.setPriority(Priority.WARN) or
log.setPriority(Priority.ERROR). Even better is to use a FileTarget
insteam of the StreamTarget. Something like:
target = new FileTarget(mylogfile, true, formatter);

> Would anyone please tell me how to run FOP servlet in quiet mode?  I
> believe the messages displayed on console is draging down the overall
> performance.  Your input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch