Thanks for the suggestions but that's now what I'm looking for. Any way of
unziping tar.gz files will not work for Windows machines. The issue is not
whether you can compress it or not. The issue has to do with incompatible
line endings. If you try to run a tar.gz file on Windows it is likely to
cause problems because of the line endings.

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....for you are crunchy and  taste
good with ketchup and mayonnaise.."