Wayne Elliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [...]
> Perhaps I am wrong in my approach and there is a way of
> specifying two page regions per page/sheet, but I have
> not found it yet.

I would choose a totally different approach: Layout your
book with one page per page (:-)) and post-process the PDF
(oder Postscript) with another tool. For this particular
problem, there are many, very mature tools "ready to use".

  You also gain the advantage that if you circulate the PDF
or Postscript file, the user can read your document "page
per page" and isn't irritated why the command "Go to page
#7" takes him to page #12.

Tim