MARTIN Franck wrote:
Does anyone know a way to render ¾ using FOP?
I think the fop developpers have forgotten about this caracter because
ÿ, Ü, Ö, Ï are implemented and are correctly rendered...
I couldn't find the ¾ character in the ISO-8859-1 character
set (Upper latin Y with diaresis U+0178). It is likely
that none of the default FOP fonts has a glyph for it.
Find and install a Unicode font (for example MS Arial)
and use Ÿ. Look into the FOP documentation for how
to install a user font.

I'm having a problem to get the ¤ symbol from an http request and print
it in a text file. Oddly enough it prints out ? instead.
This is most likely an encoding problem. The euro symbol
is Unicode U+20AC. Whatever writes your text file probably
doesnt know (or like) the conversion to the non-standard
code which Microsoft assigned the glyph.

J.Pietschmann