I'd rather you had posted this to the FOP-User Mailing List instead of
writing to me directly. It could be that others would like to profit
from this exchange, too. So I'm posting my reply to the list, too.

I'd put the "new Options..." in doGet() right after "try {". That way
you're sure that the Options are loaded before any FOP classes are
active.

> sorry to bother you. i encounter a problem similar to the post on
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=101481390006348 that i do not
> exactly how to generate pdf file through servlet with non-english font
> code embeded, though i am able to publish pdf via xml & xsl along with
> FopServlet in embeded folder of fop-0.20.3.xx version. i put Options
> options = new Options(new File("userconfig.xml")); between
> driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF); and driver.setOutputStream(out);
>  methods, it only works when the parameter is fo=fofile.fo in url (so i
> am able to see font code of my own country specified by, for instance,
> format.fo), but do nothing when xml=xmlfile.xml&xsl=fxsfile.xsl there.
> where did i do it wrong? hope can get help

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch