From: Tomasz Pik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 2:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: external-graphic within a war file

Orford, Jeffrey wrote:

Hi-
I'm attempting to use a gif image using the fo:external-graphic tag.  Both
the gif file and the xsl file are located in a war file.  The gif is

located

in a directory /images (from the war file's root) and the xsl file is
located in a directory named web-inf.  So far I've tried using the
following:

What is the best way to refer to an image from within a war file?  Is the
war file even the issue?

Try
ServletContext.getResource("/images/logo.gif");
This will return mysterious java.net.URL instance.
Put this URL (toString) into fo file (you have to
process this file before running FOP - maybe Velocity?).

Tomek Pik
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks.
Jeff Orford