The <rect> renders fine.  It's actually the <image> that actually causes the
problem.
Here, I have used an svg that I knew worked previously.  I have tried an
href URI that is relative and an absolute path, e.g. D:\pictures\test.svg.
I have tried a URL, e.g. http://test.gleim.com/pictures/test.svg.  I have
tried file:[EMAIL PROTECTED], file:/[EMAIL PROTECTED], file://[EMAIL
PROTECTED], and file:///[EMAIL PROTECTED]  I
believe I have tried every option I have ever seen suggested in this list to
no avail.