THANKS!

Both solutions worked.  Changing the baseDir appears to be a little
cleaner.  Any down side to changing the baseDire?

Shawn Lindstrom

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm attempting to add a font to my userconfig.xml file.  I'm using fop
> version 0.20.1.

Unless you have reasons to stay with 0.20.1, you
should upgrade to 0.20.3.

> BUT -
> Obviously I'd like to have more control where I put my font and metric
> files so I've attempted numerous ways of specifying a specific path to
> locate these files and every combination I've tried has failed.

You can set the baseDir in the userconfig:
   <entry>
     <key>baseDir</key>
     <value>C:\Fop-0.20.1\conf\</value>
   </entry>

> <configuration>
>    <fonts>
="yes"
The value for the metrics-file attribute should be an URL,
try
="yes"

HTH