From: Scott Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 4:39 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Why is FO(P) a superior model than what most proprietary
tool s propose

Each request comes into the servlet on a separate Java Thread.  I keep track
of the number of reports currently being generated and Thread.sleep(1000)
the queued threads.  Every second or so the threads wake up, check to see if
they should run (next in line and # reports running < MAX) otherwise they go
back to sleep for another second.

It's a little more complicated than that, but that's the general gist.

Scott