Thanks for the info.
But when I use
driver.render(input.getParser(), input.getInputSource());
input.getParser() returns a null value.
Thanks

-Neeru

                    "J.Pietschman

                    n"                   To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    oo.de>               Subject:     Re: Page X of Y Problem

                    05/10/2002

                    04:28 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    fop-user

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am using FOP 0.20.3 for converting xml to pdf. When I am running the
java
> code locally in Visual age I don't get any errors, but when I try to
> run it as servlet I get the "Root element must be root, not none".

          //   driver.render(input.getParser(), input.getInputSource());
               driver.render(createParser(), input.getInputSource());

Use the line commmented out. You should not fiddle with
working code unless you know what you are doing or
someone who knows what happens tells you to do so.

BTW it's basic netiquette to start a new thread with
a new, meaningful subject for a new question.