Apart From Chaumette Patrick idea,have you tried the
FOPPrintServlet.java example from FOP,it works good
for me.I tested only in Windows Envt.Of course it
depends whether u use Servlet/JSP.
Regards
Balaji

 --- "Chaumette, Patrick"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hello
Franck,

> on WinNT you can directly send PostScript to a
> printer with something like
> this:
>
> byte[] psByteArray = ... produced from FOP, a
> PostScript byte Array....
>
> File printerFile = new
> File("\\\\<ntservername>\\<printername>");
> FileOutputStream os = new FileOutputStream(file);
> os.write(psByteArray);
> os.close();
>
> Actually we are currently exactly doing this.
> Your printer has to be PostScript capable.
> On Unix maybe one has just to open the printer
> queue, don't know.
>
> PDF Printing directly to a printer works only if the
> printer knows how to
> interpret pdf (sure an expensive printer,
> don't know which supports this currently) or you
> will have to convert PDF to
> PostScript with some tool.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> greetings,
>
> Patrick
>

> Dipl. Inform. Patrick Chaumette
>
> T-Systems ITS GmbH
>
> Service Prozesse Retail
> Hausanschrift: Fasanenweg 9, 70771
> Leinfelden-Echterdingen
> Postanschrift: Postfach 100258, 70746
> Leinfelden-Echterdingen
> Telefon: (0711)972-2437
> Telefax: (0711)972-1949
> E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Internet: http://www.t-systems.de

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Save your important files online for easy access!