Hi,

I am running fop in a servlet with jrun 3.1 as the servlet container.

the only way I can get it to work is if I put xalan-2.0.0.jar and
xerces-1.2.3.jar into my jdk/jre/lib/ext folder.  I have all the other fop
jars in my WEB-INF/lib folder.

as long as I have xalan-2.0.0.jar and xerces-1.2.3.jar in the
jdk/jre/lib/ext folder my servlet works, but if I move these to to the
WEB-INF/lib it doesn't and I get this error:

500 Internal Server Error
/servlet/FotoPDF:

null
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement.init(SVGElement.java:199)
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement.<init>(SVGElement.java:84)
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement$Maker.make(SVGElement.java:61)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:261)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1371)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLValidat
or.java:840)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumentScanne
r.java:1853)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:1234)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:381)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:481)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.run(Driver.java:554)
        at FotoPDF.doGet(FotoPDF.java:69)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1417)
        at
allaire.jrun.session.JRunSessionService.service(JRunSessionService.java:1088
)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java:1271)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunNamedDispatcher.forward(JRunNamedDispatcher.java:39
)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.Invoker.service(Invoker.java:84)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1417)
        at
allaire.jrun.session.JRunSessionService.service(JRunSessionService.java:1088
)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java:1271)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.jav
a:89)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1557)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1547)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:364)
        at allaire.jrun.http.WebEndpoint.run(WebEndpoint.java:115)
        at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:272)
        at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:75)

does anyone know how to remedy this?

thanks,
will