Carter, Will wrote:
 Hi,

I am running fop in a servlet with jrun 3.1 as the servlet container.

the only way I can get it to work is if I put xalan-2.0.0.jar and
xerces-1.2.3.jar into my jdk/jre/lib/ext folder.  I have all the other fop
jars in my WEB-INF/lib folder.

as long as I have xalan-2.0.0.jar and xerces-1.2.3.jar in the
jdk/jre/lib/ext folder my servlet works, but if I move these to to the
WEB-INF/lib it doesn't and I get this error:

500 Internal Server Error
/servlet/FotoPDF:

null
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement.init(SVGElement.java:199)

That sounds very bizarre to me, but I guess it has something to do with batik.jar. Chances are you have another (old?) batik (or another svg lib?) somewhere in the classpath.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel