Jose Hernandez wrote:
I'm using the JDK 1.4.0 with FOP 0.20.3 and I created a SVG file that I'm
trying to put into a PDF file ... but FOP sent this error message:

[ERROR]: svg graphic could not be built: file:e:/test.svg:-1
An I/O error occured while processing the URI 'file:e:/test.svg#clipPath1'
specified on the element <rect>
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: file:e:/test.svg:-1
An I/O error occured while processing the URI 'file:e:/test.svg#clipPath1'
specified on the element <rect>
        at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getReferencedElement(Unknown Source)

It may be possible that JDK1.4 is a bit pickier about URLs. Try to use full absolute URLs in your clip path references: url(file:///e:/test.svg#clipPath1) and see whether the problem goes away, or try to use a proper URL in the fo:external-graphic: <fo:external-graphic src="file:///test.svg"/> Other than that, does the Batik rastreizer display your image?

J.Pietschmann