J.Pietschmann wrote:

Tomcat 4.0.3 has problems with the classloader. If you have to
use it, move the FOP jars into the Tomcat lib directory.
It is recommended to upgrade to 4.0.4
btw, I'm also having this problem now :( My hosting has been upgraded from tomcat3 to 4.03 and fop stuck. But symptoms are rather bizarre -
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument
at com.multiconn.fop.TIFFRendererFactory.newTIFFRenderer(TIFFRendererFactory.java:22)

Interestingly enough, TIFFRenderer.jar is in the same WEB-INF/lib directory as batik.jar, but it seems to me batik is not found, but TIFFRenderer is.
Could you please point out any resources to confirm the bug I could forward my hosting admin to?

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International Ltd