Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
btw, I'm also having this problem now :( My hosting has been upgraded from tomcat3 to 4.03 and fop stuck. But symptoms are rather bizarre -
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument
at com.multiconn.fop.TIFFRendererFactory.newTIFFRenderer(TIFFRendererFactory.java:22)

Interestingly enough, TIFFRenderer.jar is in the same WEB-INF/lib directory as batik.jar, but it seems to me batik is not found, but TIFFRenderer is.
Could you please point out any resources to confirm the bug I could forward my hosting admin to?

I belive the Tomcat site itself mentions it. Other than
that, read the installation instructions for Cocoon regarding
Tomcat 4.0.3 and the Cocoon FAQ. The generally recommended
workaround is to move everything into the Tomcat lib.

Now that Tomcat 4.0.4 is out, your hoster should upgrade to
this version.

J.Pietschmann