[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[ERROR]: Logger not set

You can ignore this, or look into Driver.jage getLogger() how to set your own logger.

[INFO]: building formatting object tree
[INFO]: [1]
[WARN]: table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!

Formally, the default value for the table-layout property iss "auto". This means the processor calculates the column widths from the cell content. FOP doesn't implement this, in order to inform clients about possibly not meeting their expectation, the warning was added.

2.  Version 0.20.1 would, by default, dump performance data (like "Avg
render time per page") to the console, where 0.20.3 does not appear to do
this.  How can I turn this back on to get the performance data?

You can get this from the command line by adding the -d switch. This will also print some amount of other debugging information. For embedded use, try driver.setErrorDump(true);

 Also, for
when the code moves to production, how do I suppress all messages?

You can't shut up the command line application other than by rerouting stdout into the null device. For embedded use, write your own logger implementing the Logger interface which discards the messages, or check the LogKit for a Null logger (can't be bothered to look it up now, 0.20.4 should use the avalon logging mechanism, which has a null logger)

J.Pietschmann