From: Doherty, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 November 2002 12:53
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: no-break space in unicode font

I am producing pdfs that contain Japanese characters (among others).
Accordingly, I have created a font xml file from osaka.unicode.ttf to embed
in the pdf files.  This works (ie produces Japanese characters) but now I
find that no-break space characters (unicode 160 decimal; 00A0 in hex) are
not correctly handled.  I usually get the 'unkown' unicode character in
their place (a square outline) but sometimes get other, apparently unrelated
characters.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?  Are there any known
solutions?  Can the font be manipulated to solve the problem?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Michael

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an
offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman
Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change
without notice.