Hi,

maybe you should call your servlet with the option
target=blank, for example:
This causes your Servlet output to appear in a new browser
window - the old one is still there and should have the valid
session.
This only helps to hold the session, I think your problem still
is the "'%PDF-' " error and Acrobat, but for this problem:
don't know :-(

Marko