Hi.
I am with joy using the FOP processor to generate PDF documents
from XSL FO documents.
I now have to embed a third party Postscript based font(a PFM file).
I have experienced problems with this embedding inside the PDF document.
Could someone give me a deep explanation on how to achive this, step by step?
I would be so thankful.
I really cant get it to work I think.
When attempting to open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0,
this message pops up:
"Unable to extract the embedded font 'StandardGroteskBSK-Regular'.
Some characters may not display or print correctly."
It then defaults to Helvetica. "Using Helvetica instead"

When attempting to open the PDF in Adobe Illustrator 10 (choosing File->Open),
this message pops up:
"The PDF File Format is having difficulties." (or something like that)
I have not yet achieved to open a FOP generated PDF in Illustrator 10 using
that method at all.
But, if I choose to create a new document first, and then choose
File->Place
(or drag the file from the file explorer and drop it in this document area in
Illustrator)
it succeeds and loads the content of the PDF.
When my PDF finally got into Illustrator, it actually showed the PDF with the
correct fonts
(as the name "StandardGroteskBSK-Regular" in the font box)
So why do I get that
"Unable to extract the embedded font 'StandardGroteskBSK-Regular'.
Some characters may not display or print correctly."
from Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 ?
But, now, cells in my tables existing within this PDF document running in
Illustrator 10,
are not correctly aligned. I use very simple tables in this document.
Besides, I have tried this with other fonts, using the same PDF document. The
result is then perfect.
Could that have something to do with the calculations in the
"StandardGroteskBSK-Regular" XML font metrics file?
I have read that these calculations are only approximations of the actual
values.
Do i have to manually alter this file then?
I am running Windows XP.

any help appreciated.

regards
Dennis, Grey Digital Oslo