Hi Vladimir,

you can c'n paste from PDF! e.g. with Acrobat Reader 5.0 you can prevent c'n paste or allow it. you can set a password and so on. I am not sure whether you can tell fop to pass that properties? But I can c'n past my pdf!

King regards
Thorsten

Vladimir Sneblic wrote:
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

The reason I wanted to create HTML documents as well is simply because PDF
documents don't allow you to copy/paste parts of them. That's why if I have an
HTML representation as well I can copy-paste parts of the document from it.
(hope this makes sense)

Thanks again,

Vlad

Vlad wrote:

I have created a program that converts a set of FOP templates to PDF documents.
Now I would
like to enhance this program, and add the capability to also transform these
templates into
HTML pages. Can this be done?

Using XSLT to convert the FOP documents to HTML would be your best bet. Because
a large number of the presentation properties are taken from CSS it should be
reasonably straight forward.

Is your primary intention to publish to print and you want the HTML version to
resemble the printed version or is there any scope for flexibility in the
presentation of the content?

Regards

Phil Fennell

I have created a program that converts a set of FOP templates to PDF documents.
Now I would like to enhance this program, and add the capability to also
transform these templates into HTML pages. Can this be done?

I have checked the FOP website but HTML is not on the list of supported formats. Has anyone tried something like this before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vlad

_____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service.