Not sure exactly if your .BAT file is calling a Java app or something else,
but here is how we set an external xsl:param within our report generator
servlet:

      transformer.setParameter("pdfImagePath",

getServletConfig().getServletContext().getAttribute("pdfImagePath"));

Then the xslt stylesheet access it like:

      <xsl:param name="pdfImagePath" />

We use this to get the environment-dependent path to our image directory:

      <fo:external-graphic
src="{concat($pdfImagePath,'ClinTrialLogoGreenBig.gif')}" />

But you could use the value of this param to make decisions within your
stylesheet.

Hope this helps.

-Matt