From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 2:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: problem with table header

Mihael Knezevic wrote:
> i have a table with a header row. as i dynamically generate the
> content of the headers i don't know how long the text for the header
> will be. so i sometimes get a very long header, which breaks into a
> second header row. now i would like to generally make the header 2
> rows wide. how do i do this? i tried the attribute number-rows-spanned

> but it didn't work (could also be my mistake). is it supported by fop?

I don't understand. Table rows have to be put into the table
explicitely, therefore a long header (whatever you mean with
this) will never "break into a second header row". I guess
you got a header table cell with two lines, which is something
different. Row spanning is implemented, but you can't span more than one
table row if there is only one. Can you reformulate your question and
perhaps show a small snippet of your FO code demonstrating your current
approach?