Hi,

I am seeing some strange behaviour with FOP in an embedded servlet environment
and also within my (XML Spy) development environment.

I have an XML file and and XSL file. I process the files producing an fo
document which is rendered by FOP.

There is one tag which needs embedded fo tags but only to be rendered fop and
passed as is by the XSL transformation. Here's a snippit from my XML file:

<HTBodyText>
&#60;fo:block&#62;example text&#60;/fo:block&#62;
Please read our &lt;fo:basic-link
external-destination="http://www.someplace.com/risk_warnings.html"&gt;Risks
Warnings&lt;/fo:basic-link&gt; document
</HTBodyText>

and the XSL file:

<fo:block text-align="left" start-indent="5mm" space-before="2mm"
font-size="12px" color="#000000" font-family="Arial, Helvetica, sans"
font-weight="normal">
        <xsl:value-of select="HTBodyText" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</fo:block>

The embedded directives are only processed by FOP when I do this:

1. Run the xslt saving the output to a file
2. Pass the file to FOP for processing.

However, if I do it all together, either by using XMLSpy or in my servlet, the
output ALL comes out as text.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Rakesh