I see the example at http://www.zvon.org/HowTo/Output/howto_jj_fo_13.html
works as expected.  Also, I've created a small example that works as
expected (see small_example.zip).  However, in the "production" code, the
text in the inline gets the correct attributes (color and so on), but always
indents and starts a new line.  I cannot figure out why this is happening.
The large example uses FOP embedded through the Driver class.  I've included
XML and the two stylesheets in large_example.zip.
I can't figure out why this example differs.  It uses the same
substitute.xsl as the small example.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Derrick
This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to Smith & Nephew and
intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain information which is
covered by legal, professional or other privilege.  If you are not the
intended addressee, or someone authorized by the intended addressee to
receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not retain,
disclose in any form, copy or take any action in reliance on this
transmission.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message.