I so agree...

Celine Murphy wrote:

could ye guys please stop clogging up user list with pointless inane rubbish.

-----Original Message-----
From: Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 January 2003 13:51
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Matthew Lancashire
Subject: Re: Nice attitude! FW: OT: Java novice

nice attitude, making privately sent mail public. -/-
But I forgive you. I don't mind. I only didn't send it to the list because I
think it was off topic.
And if you want to, you may also forward the other mail I sent you to the
list.
But then, why didn't you forward the mail you sent me to the list ;-)? The
answer can't be traffic, because otherwise you'd shorten quotes.

Am Donnerstag, 30. Januar 2003 13:37 schrieb Matthew Lancashire:
 > Is this the sort of help you want to encourage?
 > -----Original privately sent Message-----
 > From: Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > [cut]
I think you got hold of the wrong end of the stick. >:-)
Sorry for that. Seemingly I forgot to place some emoticons. Ah.. always the
same, either they are too many or they are too few ;-)

That doesn't change the facts /:|
VJ++ doesn't know Java.
VJ++ is not Java compatible.
VJ++ may not call itself a Java IDE.

The main problem is you try to use an IDE from MS for Java, while MS (8<|
tries to corrumpt Java, that simply *can't* work. It *can't* (-o-) (-o-).
VJ++ still is at the state of Sun Java SDK 1.1.x. That hasn't changed. While
I'd bet most users use at least 1.3 and several already upgraded to 1.4.1_01.
Despite VJ++ doesn't properly work, it's totally outdated :-}}}

So you simply need to get a different IDE.
Here's a definitely incomplete list of IDEs working with Java on MS Windows:
Visual Age, JBuilder, Eclipse, Forte / NetBeans / Sun Developer Studio, vim,
Emacs, Visual Cafe, BlueJ, JCreator, JPE, JEdit, CodeWarrior and many many
more, sorry to all those I forgot to include in that list, this list really
*is* somewhat incomplete!

I'd recommend vim but, as Larry Wall says, "I don't claim everyone else's mind
works the same as mine does". -=#:->}

Bye

P.S.:
Usually I'd not post such a thing to a list. But if there's still one person
out there trying to use FOP that doesn't know VJ++ doesn't work, there might
be others, so this post still has some very little informational character,
at least because of P.P.S. ;-).

P.P.S.: Glossary of used emoticons
- -/- provoking trouble
 >:-) little devil
;-) twinkling
/:| Mr. Spock
(8<| darth vader
(-o-) imperial fighter
:-}}} long beard
- -=#:>} grinning wizard with beard
- --
ITCQIS GmbH
Christian Wolfgang Hujer
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter
Telefon: +49  (0)89  27 37 04 37
Telefax: +49  (0)89  27 37 04 39
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://www.itcqis.com/

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.worldcom.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, retransmit or use the e-mail and/or files transmitted with it and should not disclose their contents. In such a case, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete the message from your own system. Any opinions expressed in this e-mail and/or files transmitted with it that do not relate to the official business of this company are those solely of the author and should not be interpreted as being endorsed by this company.

--
Johan Åbrandt

Technical Project Manager
(Tekninen projektipäällikkö)