Matthew Lancashire wrote:

Its 1.3.1_06.

What do I need to do to get the class in to my classes folder.

To be sure of the version, put System.out.println( System.getProperty( "java.version" ) ); in the same code as were you use FOP. Then you can be sure that it is really the version of the java used to run FOP that you see.

If you dont have java.util.HashMap, then the version is below 1.2, and there isnt really anything you can do about it, other than changing JDK. There is a possibility to add the collections classes to a pre 1.2 jdk, but these classes exist in a different package, which means that you would have to modify FOP and probably every library that FOP relies on.

My humble advice would be to ditch J++.

-----Original Message----- From: Johan Åbrandt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 31 Jan 2003 15:34 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: java/util/Hashmap

Matthew Lancashire wrote:

VJ++ 6.0 Yeah.
I have both Sun JDK and MS JDK. Is it in  there?

If the Sun JDK is above version 1.2 then yes. Try java -version on the
command line, or print System.getProperty( "java.version" ) in a program.

i.e

public class Prop
{
{
        System.out.println( System.getProperty( "java.version" ) );
}
}