Is there no way around using the archive attribute to d/l the jars.
I can ensure that they are already on the client machine. Does this not
help?

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Tkachenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 Feb 2003 10:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Class not found applet error

Matthew Lancashire wrote:
> When I I copied all these in the the classes folder. Can I not get the JRE
> to look here?
Read html specification,
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#edef-APPLET,

archive = uri-list [CT]
     This attribute specifies a comma-separated list of URIs for archives
containing classes and other resources that will be "preloaded". The classes
are loaded using an instance of an AppletClassLoader with the given
codebase.
Relative URIs for archives are interpreted with respect to the applet's
codebase. Preloading resources can significantly improve the performance of
applets.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn Technologies, Israel