BTW, I don't know who recommended removing the encoding tag altogether, but it probably won't work. According to the XML Bible (pg 205 of the Gold Edition):

  Unless told otherwise, an XML processor assumes that
  all text entities are encoded in UTF-8.

Since you're already getting an error, I suspect that specifying UTF-8 and not specifying anything will have the same result.

Of course, the real answer will probably be to determine the character set you're using (Cyrillic, Hebrew, Thai, whatever) and set it so the XML processor can expect the characters you're throwing at it.

Good luck!

Dipl.-Oec. Harald Meyer wrote:
Did you modify the source code? If not, try to omit the encoding tag or
try "iso-8859-1".

No, I didn't modify the sorce code ( I am no Java programmer at all ).

--
Clay Leeds - [EMAIL PROTECTED]