Well, I think there's two kinds of metadata available in PDF. The
chapter 9.2.1 (PDF spec) "Document Information Dictionary" object
(represented by PDFInfo.java) which takes the basic values such as
creator, title, keywords, etc. And there are metadata streams (chapter
9.2.2). These have not yet been implemented and I can't tell offhand how
much work it would be to implement them. I guess it depends what exactly
you need to place in the PDF.

On 09.05.2003 12:56:38 Gary Marshall-Stevens wrote:
> I am building an app which needs to convert dwg files to pdf.
> I can plot to pdf from autocad but I need to insert some metadata into
> the pdf.
> Would FOP be of use to insert the metadata into the pdf after it has
> been created ?
>
> I was considering ploting to svg and then inserting metadata and using
> batik to generate the pdf.
>
> Any direction for this would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremias Maerki