On 09.05.2003 17:07:29 Leet, Ethan C wrote:

>       Yes this is correct :-)
>
>       If I use fo:external-graphic, then I will have to write the SVG data
> to a tmp file
>       then pass a URL to the fo:external-graphic to the tmp file ?

No, if the only element in your SVG in an image element then you should
be able to use the image URL directly in fo:external-graphic.

<fo:instream-foreign-object>
  <svg width="10cm" height="10cm" viewBox="0 0 10 10"
          xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
          xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
    <image x="0" y="0" width="10" height="10" xlink:href="someimage.png"/>
  </svg>
</fo:instream-foreign-object>

transforms to this:

<fo:external-graphic src="someimage.png" blah blah..../>

In this case it makes to sense to create a dummy SVG wrapper around the
image.

>       I will try this out :-)
>
>       Thank you.
>

>       I looked at the PS file, and it has all the data in it, but the
> image never apears ?

There's probably something wrong with the transformation matrices and
scaling.

>       If I get an image, I will diff the files ??

I already did. This need some debugging to find out what's wrong.

Jeremias Maerki