<fo:external-graphic src="someimage.png" blah blah..../>

        Does it have to be a png ?

        I am creating the SVG with the SVGGraphics2D.

        I am supporting a 2D Graphics print formatter.

        I wanted to format the graphics into PDF, but the images are not
clear or text is jumbled.

        So I am trying to render to PS.

        The SVG document is created in live mememory, I used the
instream-foriegn-object, cause

        I could dump the created SVG into the XSL-FO document I was
building.

        If I want to use the <fo:external-graphic then I must first dump the
SVG to a tmp file

        so the PSRender will load it, right ??

        Like I said, when I tried this FOP locks up ??

        The tmp file is closed.

        Basically I need a way to provide a Graphics2D object for the
Printable of Pageable interfaces
        for printing, then format this data to some printer language, PDF,
PS, PCL.

        Any ideas or help or advice ??