--- "Koes, Derrick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Right, as in Digital Imaging and Communications in
> Medicine.
> Yes, I've seen some folks on the JAI-interest list
> (Java Advanced Imaging)
> state they have done exactly that--convert them to
> jpeg on png.

I used to work with DICOM ( video archiving of cardiac
images ) - yes, it's possible to extract those data.

But there are a *lot* of possible image formats,
and transfer syntaxes...
In  my field it was mostly loseless JPEG - and I have
developed a lot of tools in this field, but not in
java.

And I doubt that there is ready and open source tool
for conversion of loseless JPEG - not very common...

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verstärkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] für die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programieren, Kentnisse in OpenSource-Bereich