2 questions:

1. What do you mean by 'not being able to apply the code directly'?
I personally haven't worked with JBuilder, but I guess most IDEs or Advanced
Editors have a console plugin, allowing you to enter the command exactly as
shown on the website, not? (If that's the problem...)

2. Why would you want to use the low-level APIs when there is already a
class available doing all the work for you? Unless, of course, you want to
add functionality to your application for allowing users to add custom
fonts - and even then, this should be possible by calling the TTFReader
class...

Greetz,

Andreas Delmelle