I think your idea could work if i had only one table starting at the top of
the page.

   But (sorry that i did not mention that) i have a sequence of tables of
   different lengths that therefore also may start in the middle of a page.
   There are tables being only a few rows long an others spanning 2 or 3
   pages. So i need something that will work for that case too.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response.

Roland